I’m always on the lookout for any excuse to have a cocktail! Since it’s been so hot here in Southern California, and Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, strawberry margarita popsicles sort of just make sense… at least that’s the excuse I’m giving myself.
These are super easy to put together, just mix strawberry margarita mix and a splash of tequila (sadly we can’t load these with tequila because too much alcohol will prevent the popsicles from firming up in the freezer). Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, Add the sticks and pop them into the freezer. In no time at all (okay more like a couple of hours) you can have a delicious frozen treat!
Feel free to use the plastic sticks that come with your popsicle molds… I just like the look of wooden sticks. Since these sticks don’t fit in the normal slats I just used some foil to hold them in place. Right before you’re ready to eat a popsicle (or two) sprinkle each with a bit of coarse salt. The salt will give it the look and taste of a real margarita.
Chic Tip: Feel free to swap out the strawberry for any flavor you’d like! I’ve seen a bunch of different flavored mixes at the grocery store like mango, passion fruit and of course traditional lemon-lime, to name a few.
- 2 cups strawberry margarita mix
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- coarse salt (for sprinkling at the end)
- Mix the strawberry margarita mix and tequila in a large glass measuring cup.
- Pour into a popsicle mold and cover and insert popsicles sticks. Place in the freezer and freeze for about 3 to 6 hours, or until firm.
- Run the bottom of the tray under warm water for about 10 to 15 seconds to loosen popsicles. Sprinkle the popsicles with a bit of coarse salt, and eat right away. Enjoy!