I’m all for getting a second use out of something I already have lying around. If you’re anything like me, then you must have a few (okay a lot) of these reusable drinking tumblers in your kitchen, already. Here at The Chic, we’ve started to use them as to-go salad containers for our weekly lunches. Fill the tumblers with your favorite salad early in the week and have them ready to go whenever you need them!
And just in case you don’t already have a favorite salad, here’s my favorite:
This is a super simple recipe to put together. The only thing you have to cook is the bacon, which you can actually get the fully cooked bacon at the supermarket, if you want make it even easier. Boil some eggs, chop a few ingredients here and there, and you’ll be ready to go.
Layer the ingredients into the to-go tumblers, and sprinkle the top with a bit of salt and pepper.
Quick Tip: Pack the dressing (of your choice), in a separate little container or food storage bag, and just pour it into the tumbler right before eating.
These Cobb Salad To-Go Tumblers are the perfect way to repurpose your reusable cups. Fill them with different kinds of salad as well!
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup thick-cut deli turkey, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese, diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs, diced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Slice the bacon into small chunks and cook it in a skillet over medium-high heat, until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Layer the salad into the tumblers, starting with the lettuce and then working your way through the other ingredients. If you plan on eating the salad soon, pour the dressing in or if you'll be eating it later, pack the dressing in a separate container. Enjoy!