We share all sorts of slow cooker recipes on the site… but I can tell you honestly this is one of my favorites! Slow Cooker BBQ Root Beer Chicken calls for only 5 ingredients, it’s easy to make, and the end result, honestly? So dang good! It’s packed with flavor and the leftovers are good for days afterwards!
The first thing you need to do is to season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the root beer and bbq sauce. Set to the side. Place the chicken into the slow cooker and cook for about 1 hour and a half.
After the chicken has cooked for an hour and a half, pour the sauce over it and continue to cook for another hour and a half. It should be tender and fall off the bone. Serve with a side salad, and enjoy!
- 4-5 lbs of Chicken - I used boneless breasts and drumsticks but any kind will do
- 1 Bottle of Barbecue Sauce
- 1 x 16oz Bottle of Root Beer
- Salt & Pepper
- Put chicken in your slow cooker, season generously with salt, cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours.
- After an hour and a half mix together root beer and barbecue sauce, pour over chicken and cover again.
- Cook for another 1 1/2 hours.
- The chicken is ready after 3 hours but I just let mine sit on warm until dinner time. The longer it sat the yummier it became. 😉