The Tomato Mojito first made an appearance on the Chic scene when I wrote it into my book. Since one of the characters is a mixologist I really wanted her to create out of the box cocktails that readers wouldn’t have heard of before. I considered subbing out tomatoes for typical fruit and it was so good The Tomato Mojito was born! In this video I show you how to make this perfect summer cocktail… you can also follow the directions below! ~Rachel
We’re going to start by muddling some ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Muddling enhancing the flavors of the ingredients because we’re smashing them until all of their natural juices come out. Pour in the remaining ingredients, along with some ice, and give it a good shake. This Tomato Mojito is actually made with tequila instead of rum! Pour the mojito into short glasses filled with lots of ice. Garish with a few sprigs of few mint and a couple of grape tomatoes skewered into a toothpick. This Tomato Mojito is the perfect summer drink! Enjoy!
- 4 to 6 grape tomatoes (yellow and red)
- 6 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- pint of salt
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 cup club soda or sparkling water
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the tomatoes, mint leaves, juice of half a lime, juice of half a lemon, and salt.
- Pour in the simple syrup (or agave nectar) and tequila. Add ice and shake vigorously. Divide between two short glasses filled with lots of ice. Top off with club soda or sparkling water. Garnish with mint leaves, and a few grape tomatoes on a toothpick. Enjoy!