Cinnamon Toast was one of those recipes my mom made us for breakfast several times a week. Now, I recognize that this probably wasn’t a “well-balanced” meal since it’s covered in butter and sugar… but it was the 80’s and my mom is southern so I hope you’ll forgive this recipe for not being healthy, instead it’s totally delicious!
Once again, with my #RachelRecipe series I’m not going to show you how other people make this or the fancy way to do it I’m going to show you how my family makes cinnamon toast. Let me know if you had it like this too or if you did something totally different. ~Rachel
4. Place bread on a baking sheet and put under the broiler in your oven. Be sure and keep an eye on it because these broil quite quickly. Broil until the top turns crunchy and sides of bread are toasty.
- Salted Butter - Room Temperature
- White Bread
- Mix together one part cinnamon and one part sugar
- Butter a piece of white bread liberally
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture on top
- Broil for 5 minutes or until sugar is crispy and bread is toasted