I love pasta salad.
I love Caesar salad.
It was only a matter of time guys.
This recipe for Kale Caesar Pasta Salad is so yummy you guys! It makes a great side dish for a cookout or an easy weeknight dinner.
You can go the quicker route and just use some store bought rotisserie chicken for this and shred it up before adding it to the recipe. Or if you want to sauté it yourself just season with salt and pepper and cook in a skillet with a bit of olive oil.
Allow the chicken to rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. In the meantime, you can prepare the noodles according to the package directions. I like cooking it slightly under, so that it has a chewier bite to it.
Slice the chicken and add it to the pasta along with the croutons, baby kale, sliced cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
Stir it all together with caesar dressing. We just took some help from the store with the dressing. Add as much or as little as you’d like.
If you don’t plan on serving the salad right away, you can hold off on adding the croutons until right before serving. That way, they don’t become soggy before eating.
This Kale Caesar Pasta Salad is great to serve on the side for all of your summer BBQ get togethers. It’s also great as a main dish for a light weekend lunch!
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 large or 2 medium chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup caesar dressing
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Cook the chicken for about 5 to 7 minutes on the first side. Flip over and continue cooking for another 4 to 6 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and allow to cool on a plate. Cut into chunks.
- Toss all of the remaining ingredients with the pasta until well combined. Serve immediately.