I’ve talked before about how much I love breakfast to-go. During the winter I switch back and forth between my breakfast burritos or my overnight oatmeal but now that summer is here I really wanted a lighter option. The solution? Parfaits To Go!
This is more of an idea than a recipe, so feel free to swap out the fruits we’re using, the cereal or even the yogurt for your favorite flavors!
Start by layering the bottom of your small food storage containers with a layer of yogurt. I prefer Greek yogurt because it has more protein which keeps me fuller longer.
Then add a layer of different fruits or berries. We used a combination of fresh blueberries, raspberries, black berries and pomegranate. Strawberries or peaches would be great as well!
Top with a layer of cornflakes (we used a cornflake and oats cereal) and sliced almonds! Feel free to use granola instead! Also, if you want a super crunch add the cereal right before you head out the door so it’s fresh.
Then repeat with another layer of yogurt, fruit and finishing off with more cereal.
Place the lids on and keep them in the fridge so they’re ready to grab and go. These parfaits to go are the perfect and healthy breakfast for those of us who don’t always have the time to cook something extravagant first thing in the morning!
- 6 cups Greek yogurt (any flavor you like)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 package fresh pomegranate seeds
- 3 cups cornflakes (or your favorite healthy cereal or granola)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 6 plastic food storage containers with tight fitting lids
- Layer the containers with the yogurt, fruit, cereal and almonds until you reach the top. Cover tightly and keep the parfaits in the fridge for the week!
- Note: To prevent the cereal and almonds from getting soggy, you can portion them out into small plastic bags and keep them on hand. Then just stir them into the parfaits right before eating!