In fact, our Doritos Taco Salad recipe is one of the most popular on our site. And that got me thinking… could we put a different spin on taco salad? Why yes, yes we can! Check it out guys, we made Greek Taco Salad!! Feta, olives, and pita chips! This is going to be a new favorite, believe me!
Cook the ground turkey in a skillet until brown and crispy. Season with the Mediterranean herb and spice blend. You can also just a lemon pepper seasoning. Remove from the heat and allow to cool down slightly.
Add the lettuce to a large salad or mixing bowl! I’m using a romaine salad mix, but feel free to use whatever kind of lettuce you like or have on hand.
Add the remaining veggies and toss together until evenly combined.
Add the crumbled feta, cooked ground turkey and as much of the dressing as you’d like. To make things easier, we’re using a honey balsamic dressing from the store!
Right before serving add the crushed pita chips and stir to combine. You don’t want to add them too early or else they’ll get soggy.
It’s just like our Doritos Taco Salad, except with a Mediterranean twist. Try our Greek taco salad for your next party. You’re going to love it!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mediterranean spice and herb blend (or lemon pepper seasoning blend)
- 4 to 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 1/2 bags)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (3.8 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups crushed pita chips
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup honey balsamic dressing (store bought)
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, with the olive oil. Add the ground turkey and break down with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned and crispy, about 10 minutes. Add the seasoning blend and cook for another minute or two. Remove from heat and allow to cool down.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (including the cooled turkey) and toss until evenly combined. Serve immediately and garnish with a bit more of the crushed pita chips right before serving.