As you might have heard me mention in Monday’s Rach Talk, this Cilantro Ranch Dressing is pee-your-pants delicious!
Yes, I know, it’s not so classy to mention wetting your pants while describing food. But you know what guys, sometimes the description is right and you just have to embrace it. I made this for a dinner party where we were having Mexican Chicken and Rice and great mixed salad. Typically I’d just make buttermilk ranch and call it good but that didn’t really match my Mexican food theme. At the last second I experimented with this and the results were incredible. I’m dying to try it out on my favorite Taco Salad recipe. Seriously, if you like ranch dressing you have to try this!
Start by making the buttermilk ranch dressing according to the package directions. Stir together the mix, mayo and buttermilk until smooth.
In a blender or food processor, combine an avocado, lime juice, cilantro, cumin and ranch dressing. Pulse until well blended.
You can use your cilantro ranch dressing right away or pour into small jars or one large jar for storage.
Store any leftovers in jars or airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
This cilantro ranch dressing isn’t just great on salads, but it would be delicious as a dipping sauce for chicken or as a sauce for sandwiches or wraps!
- 1 (0.4 ounce) packet buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ranch mix, mayo, and buttermilk until smooth. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, cumin and ranch dressing. Blend until smooth.
- Use right away or transfer to a large jar or an airtight container and store in the fridge. Can be kept for up to 2 weeks.