No-Crust Pizza Cups, you say? Yes I do!
Since so many people are on a low-carb diet (myself included) I thought this would make an awesome recipe for the site. Use Canadian bacon as your “crust” and then you can enjoy any kind of pizza you like. In this instance we did “supreme” because that’s my favorite but you can mix it up or even let your family choose their own toppings. Another winner about these no-crust pizza cups? They’re way too easy to make… and eat!
Start by greasing your cupcake pan with some non-stick spray. Next, place three slices of Canadian bacon in each cup. They won’t go in all the way, but it’s okay, as they bake, they’ll sink down into the pan.
In a large skillet, sauté the peppers, onion and mushrooms over medium high heat until soft and just beginning to caramelize.
Add a spoonful of sauce on top of each of you no-crust pizza cups. Then add a spoonful of veggies and sprinkle on some cheese on top of each.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until crispy and the cheese has melted, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minute before removing from cupcake tin.
These no-crust pizza cups are so great because you can customize them according to your favorite pizza toppings. Try adding black olives or jalapeños! Or take things the Hawaiian route and add pineapple instead.
You can also do this with pepperoni instead of Canadian bacon, if you wish. Try using large pepperoni and line the cupcake tin with several pepperoni slices.
These are a great make-ahead snack that you can keep in the fridge. It’s the perfect work snack or lunch or easy dinner with a salad on the side.
- 36 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) jar store-bought pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake tin with 3 slices of Canadian bacon in each cupcake cavity. Set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion, peppers and mushrooms. Cook until soft and just beginning to caramelize, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add a spoonful of pizza sauce on top of each cupcake (line with Canadian bacon). Then add a spoonful of the veggies and sprinkle each with cheese. Bake until crispy and the cheese has melted and browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.