One of my favorite snacks or appetizers or quick lunch is a quesadilla. There’s nothing better than a flour tortilla loaded with lots of cheese, am I right? These Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadillas have all the flavors we love in bbq chicken pizza but without all of the hassle of making it from scratch. It’s really easy to put together, too!
You can grill your own chicken breasts with a bit of salt and pepper, on a stove top or outdoor grill. Or you can use store bought rotisserie chicken instead.
Grill the quesadillas on a lightly greased stovetop (or outdoor) grill. Cook for about 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until grill marks form and the cheese has melted.
Cut and serve with BBQ sauce on the side for dipping. You’re going to love these grilled bbq chicken quesadillas! Enjoy!
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat a stovetop or outdoor grill over medium heat.
- Warm the flour tortillas, to make them easier to work with, on the stove in a hot skillet. Just a few seconds on each side.
- Spread each tortilla with BBQ sauce and sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese. On one side of the tortilla sprinkle with sliced chicken, red onion, scallions, and cilantro. Fold over each quesadilla to form a half moon shape.
- Grill the quesadillas (2 at a time) on the preheated grill. You can grease them lightly with cooking spray to make it easier. Grill for about 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until grill marks form and the cheese has melted through. Slice and serve hot with a side of BBQ sauce for dipping. Enjoy!