Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf is one of those recipes we go crazy for here at The Chic. It’s a combination of two delicious dishes, classic cheeseburgers and meatloaf! The fact that it’s draped in lots of bacon, just makes us so happy!
The fun thing about meatloaf is that you get to just dump everything into a large bowl and mix it all together with your hands. Get the kids involved! (Just make sure you wash up really well with soap and warm water!)
Divide the mixture by half and form half of it into a long loaf on a baking sheet, lined with aluminum foil. Flatten it out a bit and sprinkle with lots of cheese. Top the cheese with the remaining meat mixture and seal of the edges, making a large meatloaf. Drape with the bacon slices, tucking the ends underneath the loaf.
Bake in a 375ºF oven for about 50 minutes. Then place it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon slices on top.
Slice and serve with some steamed veggies or roasted potatoes, or a tossed salad!
- 2 pounds ground beef, (15% to 20%)
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, except for the cheese and bacon. Stir until evenly combined. Divide the meat mixture in half. Take one half and shape it into a long loaf, on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten it out a bit. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese, along the top. Then take the remaining meat mixture and shape it into a loaf, placing it on top of the cheese. Seal the edges and form the meatloaf into a large loaf.
- Lay the bacon slices on top of the meatloaf, tucking the ends underneath the loaf. Bake for 50 minutes. Place under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon. Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool. Slice and enjoy!