I’ve been known to spend several minutes eyeballing a plate of chocolate chip cookies trying to find the one with the least amount of chocolate chips. So I figured, why can’t we just make a chocolate chip cookie with no chocolate chips in it??
Maybe this is silly, and maybe you guys already do this but I hadn’t tried it yet. The thing about making unchocolate chip cookies is that the cookie part better be darn delicious, that means lots of brown sugar and the exact right amount of butter! Special shout out to Jonathan who (as usual) took my vision and made it 9,000 times better than I imagined. These are basically my dream cookie so please enjoy! ~Rachel
This is pretty much a standard chocolate chip cookie recipe. We just omitted the chocolate chips. I like using this recipe as a base for the perfect chewy cake-like cookie. Feel free to add in anything you wish!
We start by creaming the butter and sugar. Brown sugar makes them super fluffy!
Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Then stir in the vanilla extract.
Mix everything until the dough comes together and all of the dry ingredients are well incorporated. Do not over mix.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge. Allow to chill for at least one hour or overnight. This makes sure the cookies are chewy.
Once ready, scoop out the cookie dough by the tablespoon or with a small ice cream scoop.
Space them out evenly and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until just browned around the edges. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Place them in a cookie jar or store in an airtight container or plastic storage bag. Will keep for up to 4 days, but I don’t they’ll last around that long. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add it to the creamed butter and sugar mixture and stir until evenly combined. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon full, or with a small ice cream scoop, onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!