Nothing says I love you more than pasta and cheese, am I right? Celebrate Valentine’s Day this year with these adorable heart shaped Mini Veggie Lasagnas! Roasted vegetables are layered between thin sheets of pasta, pesto ricotta, mozzarella cheese and marinara. And for a decadent Valentine’s dessert try our Better Than Sex Chocolate Cake!
You can make this lasagna as one big pan or in round ramekins but if you want to go the extra mile and do heart shapes these are the ones we used. Start off by roasting the veggies in the oven so that they’re nice and charred for the lasagna.
Before we get to layering, make sure the noodles are boiled and ready to go. Then make the pesto ricotta sauce, so it’s ready when we layer the lasagnas.
Start with a layer of noodles, cutting the lasagna noodles into 2 inch strips (on the short side). Then layer with sauce, cheese and veggies.
Top with another layer of pasta, then the pesto ricotta and the final layer of pasta.
Top with marinara and and sprinkle with cheese!
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 small egg plant, diced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles, cooked according to box directions
- 1 small jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup store bought pesto
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the veggies with the oil and seasonings and place on the baking sheet. Roast for about 25 to 30 minutes or until charred and tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and pesto until smooth. Set aside. Cut the cooked lasagna noodles into 2 inch short strips.
- To layer the lasagna, begin with two strips of noodles, criss crossing them into the heart ramekins to fit. Then top with marinara, veggies, shredded cheese, noodles, ricotta, noodles, marinara, and cheese to finish off. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve hot.