These Orange Creamsicle Cocktails taste just like our childhood favorite frozen treat! Orange sherbet blended with ice, orange juice and vodka is poured into a glass and topped with a mixture of vanilla ice cream, ice and more vodka, of course! It’s an adult treat to help you dream of summer!
We start by preparing our glasses, the orange salt adds a fun pop of color to the rim and a kick of salty to balance all that sweet… or, if you don’t like cocktail salt, then it’s just fun to look at!
Then let’s move on to the cocktail itself. We’re first going to make the orange layer. In a blender, pour in the orange sherbet, ice, orange juice and whipped cream vodka (you can use plain vodka if you have that on hand already).
Pour the mixture into the glasses, about half way. Save the remaining mixture for topping later on.
Rinse out the blender and pour in the vanilla ice cream, ice and vodka. Blend until smooth.
Pour into the glasses over the orange layer. Then top off each glass with the reserved orange mixture from earlier. Please not that this makes two very large drinks or 4 regular sized orange creamsicle cocktails!
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups ice
- 4 ounces vodka (whipped cream, cake or regular)
- lime wedge
- orange cocktail salt, kosher salt or sugar for glasses
- Run the lime wedge around the edge of two tall glasses or four short glasses. Dip into orange cocktail salt. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the orange sherbet, orange juice, 1 cup ice, and 2 ounces vodka. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses up to half way up. Save the remaining mixture for later. Rinse out the blender.
- In the blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, 1 cup ice and 2 ounces vodka. Blend until smooth. Pour into the glasses, over the orange layer. Top off each drink with the reserved orang mixture from earlier. Serve with a straw.