I’ve shown you my breakfast burritos, my parfaits and even my overnight oatmeal but I’m a sucker for a good breakfast in a hurry so I thought I’d share another one: breakfast sandwich to go! First of all, you don’t even need me to sell you on the idea of a breakfast sandwich, right? It’s delicious and tasty and everyone loves them. What I dig about this idea is that you can totally control what goes on yours to fit your dietary needs. Also, prep these on Sunday and you’ll have a yummy breakfast for every morning of the week.
Breakfast sandwich to go isn’t really a recipe, it’s more of an idea. You can use any ingredient that tickles your fancy (I like sausage, egg, cheese and spinach) and stack them together. Then just freeze your pre-made sandwiches so they’re ready whenever you need a quick morning meal!
Start by splitting and toasting a few english muffins. Then cook up some eggs, any way you like, and then go crazy with the toppings.
I recommend making several different kinds so that each day of the week, you have some variety with the flavors. I’m using bacon, spinach and chicken sausage and switching it up among the sandwiches.
You can eat one now and then wrap the rest later and store them in the freezer.
Once you’re ready to eat one, just take it out from the freezer, unwrap and rewarm either in the microwave or toaster oven! It’ll take about 8 to 10 minutes in a toaster oven and about 4 to 5 minutes in the microwave!
A great Chic Tip: write the different days of the week on washi tape and attach to your breakfast sandwich to go sandwich. It’s just cuter guys!
This is a great thing to do on Sunday. Just make a few batches and then load up the freezer!
- 6 english muffins, split and toasted
- 6 large eggs
- cooking spray
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- bacon, cooked until crispy
- sausage, cooked
- Canadian bacon
- baby spinach
- Cook the eggs in a skillet, according to how you like them. Place on the bottoms of the english muffins and top with cheese.
- Fill the sandwiches with desired toppings and then sandwich together. Wrap in wax or parchment paper and label for the week. Store in freezer until ready to eat.
- To rewarm, unwrap sandwiches and place in a toaster oven, oven or microwave. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes in toaster oven or oven and about 4 to 5 minutes in microwave.