I had crunchy chickpeas for the first time with Mediterranean food and I’ve been a little obsessed ever since. Turns out they’re super easy to make and add your own flavors to. Couple that with the fact that I feel like I’m having a crouton on my salad when really I’m having something healthy and it feels like I’m WINNING.
Crunchy chickpeas are a great recipe for anyone trying to eat healthy, or stick to a clean eating plan. You can season them with whatever spices you’d like but I went with a middle eastern vibe. Want to make some? Here’s what you do!
First preheat the oven to 425. Next, mix together chickpeas with olive oil, all spices (except salt) and onions until well-coated.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread chickpea mixture out. Sprinkle with salt and place in the oven to bake.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until the chickpeas start to look brown and crunchy. Yum! I ate mine on top of my Mediterranean salad with a side of hummus and it was SO good!
Looking for other healthy recipes? Try out all of these different ways to eat toast!
- 1 15oz can of Chickpeas - drain can and pat dry
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion - any color
- 2 Tbls of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic - pressed or minced
- 1/4 tsp of oregano
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of ground cumin
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425
- Mix chickpeas with oil and seasonings. Blend well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread chickpeas out on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chickpeas are brown and crunchy.
- Serve warm -- you can store for later as well, just put in a toaster oven to get a little heat back in them.