I was on a bit of Mediterranean kick yesterday.
It started by making my Crunchy Chickpeas and then I thought, Well shoot, I need something to put these things on! So I ended up using some of my leftover veggies and few things that were in my crisper to make this Mediterranean salad. It’s full of crunch and flavor and it’s perfect for anyone on a clean eating plan.
Start by chopping up all of your veggies for this Mediterranean salad. In this instance I used Persian cucumbers, grape tomatoes, cilantro (because I had a bunch in the crisper but fresh parsley would be yummy too!), olives (from a jar in my fridge– but any kind will do), peppercini, and I ended up adding artichoke hearts that I found in the pantry too!
Once everything was chopped up it was time to make the red wine vinaigrette. You could definitely use whatever dressing you have in the fridge and it would be yummy but since I’m trying to eat clean (meaning you don’t eat a lot of processed foods) I made my own vinaigrette which was so simple. Just mix together olive oil, red wine vinegar with salt and pepper.
Pour your vinaigrette over the top of your veggies and mix them well. You can eat your salad as soon as you make it but when you store it in the fridge it gets even yummier every day. This is a great meal to prep on Sundays!
Consider serving this with my curry chicken salad for a high protein punch!
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro - washed and chopped
- 3 Persian cucumbers - washed and chopped
- 1 package of grape tomatoes - washed and cut in half
- 1 can of artichoke hearts - cut into pieces
- 10 olives - cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup of peppercini - chopped
- 2 Tbls of olive oil
- 2 Tbls of red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Mix together all chopped veggies in a large bowl
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil and red wine vinegar, add salt and pepper to taste
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and mix well with veggies.