You may have noticed by now that I LOVE chicken salad!
If you don’t believe me, check out my recipe for cranberry chicken salad and jerk chicken salad… or even read this post about how I’ve managed to maintain my weight by keeping high protein options like this in my fridge at all times!
Because I dig it so much, I’m forever trying to come up with recipes to reinvent it with cool add ins or fun seasonings. So this time around, I’m going with curry chicken salad! This is a great option for a picnic, tailgate or potluck or just something to make on Sunday to ensure you’ve got a yummy option all week long.
Start by shredding your chicken into smaller pieces. You can cook the chicken yourself, but I usually do this with leftover chicken or a rotisserie from the grocery store.
Next, in a large mixing bowl combine the mayo, chutney, vinegar, curry powder and salt and mix well. Now you can add in your chicken, golden raisins, green onions, celery and cashews. Mix all of your ingredients together and then add salt and pepper to taste. Eat right away or store in the fridge for up to five days.
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup of mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, divided
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup of golden raisins
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, curry powder, vinegar, chutney and scallions until evenly combined.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well incorporated. Give it a taste and adjust seasonings accordingly. Cover and chill in fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight. The longer the salad sits, the better the flavor will be. Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.