It’s a widely known fact that I love my mama’s recipe for chicken salad. And since my diet centers mostly around high protein I like to keep this chicken salad stocked in my fridge so I’ve got a go-to snack whenever I’m hungry.
The only catch is that eating the same thing can get boring, so I like to change up the flavors to mix it up. That’s where this wild idea came from for jerk chicken salad! It’s got all the herbs and spices in jerk chicken but mixed in with crunchy vegetables, tangy mayo and a little sweetness from the pineapple. This is going to be a new favorite for summer you make my words!
Let’s start by mixing together the mayo base of the salad. It’s just mayonnaise, jerk seasoning blend, scallions and lime juice.
Add everything else into the bowl and give it a good mix until well combined and everything is evenly incorporated.
Give the jerk chicken salad a taste and then adjust the seasoning, adding more jerk seasoning mix, or salt and pepper as needed. If you want to make it even spicier, try adding a couple dashes of hot sauce.
As with most chicken salad recipes, it’s best to make it a day or two in advance. The longer it sits, the better flavor it will have! You can just stir in the avocado the day you plan on eating it, so that it doesn’t brown on you.
Want other salad ideas? Try our taco salads to go!
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon jerk chicken seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, divided
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded
- 2 small cucumbers, diced
- 2 small carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can diced pineapple, drained
- 2 large avocado, diced
- lettuce, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, jerk seasoning, lime juice, and half of the scallions until evenly combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well incorporated. Give it a taste and adjust seasonings accordingly. Cover and chill in fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight. The longer the salad sits, the better the flavor will be. Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.