Taco Salad To Go or just a really great meal prep idea for you to add to the fridge!. You can make these with leftover taco meat or our slow cooker shredded chicken. If you’re a vegetarian you could double up on the veggies and add in some sharp cheddar. The point is, this salad is super versatile and a great lunch option.
This is a great way to use up any taco toppings or fillings from taco night.
Feel free to use up any salad dressing you have on hand or try our Cilantro Avocado Ranch Dressing! It’s super delicious as a dipping sauce or spread.
Start layering the salad, placing the dressing on the bottom of the tumblr or large mason jar. Fill it with black beans, corn, tomato, bell peppers, olives, avocado, taco meat and lettuce.
It’s best to put the dressing at the bottom and place the salad on top as the final layer so that it doesn’t get soggy. Then once you’re ready to eat, just transfer the salad to a large bowl and toss together.
You can use this method with any and all salads for lunch. It’s a great way to have lunch stocked up in the fridge and ready to go. Want some more great salads to go? Try our Cobb Salad Tumblers or our Chicken and Kale on the go!
- 1 cup cilantro avocado ranch
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced black olives drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, rinsed
- 2 large avocado, diced
- 2 cups leftover taco meat (ground beef or chicken)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- Layer the salads in large tumblers or large mason jars. Start with the dressing at the bottom and the begin layering in all of the remaining ingredients, dividing them all between the jars or tumblers.
- Cover and store in fridge until ready to eat.