My girlfriends and I are constantly trying to reinvent all the classic cocktails out there (with a few new twists thrown in, of course). This time around it’s the Moscow Mule. Just three simple ingredients makes this cocktail the perfect summer beverage.
Fill up a couple of short cocktail cups with lots of ice. You can use crushed or cubed. Add a bit of ginger beer to each cup, about half way up. Then add the vodka and fresh squeeze of lime juice. Give it a stir.
Before you start drinking, don’t forget the garnish! Tip: You can also add a few mint leaves to the glasses, if you’d like. It’ll add a nice element of flavor to the Moscow Mule!
Ginger beer is a non-alcoholic beverage which you can find in most super markets these days. It gives the Moscow mules a nice kick, but if you can’t seem to find it anywhere, try adding ginger-ale instead. It won’t be as spicy, but it’ll get the job done. Go out and enjoy this summer cocktail.
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 4 ounces vodka
- 8 to 12 ounces ginger beer (or ginger ale)
- fresh lime slices, for garnish
- cucumber slices, for garnish
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- lots of ice
- Fill two short glasses (Moscow Mules are normally served in copper mugs) with lots of ice. Divide the ginger beer and vodka between the two glasses. Squeeze half a lime in each glass and give it a gentle stir. Garnish with lime and cucumber slices and mint. Enjoy!