Something that’s been put to good use during this quarantine?! The grill! . This is such a great way to create more quality time within your family and it’s great because grilling is a healthy option that’s delicious. If you want to know more about nutrition, you can grab the whole lesson with a deep dive into nutrition right here for Next 90.
Anyway, here are some favorite dinner on the grill recipes; there are three below! Chicken teriyaki kabobs, grilled corn tostadas with hummus and a grilled pizza party. Enjoy!! For more dinner options, check out the recipes tab above or grab the cookbook, Real Life Dinners, which is where these recipes are from!
Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs
20 minute prep time, 40 minute cook time, makes 4 servings
1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 thighs)
3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
1 red bell pepper (cut into 1″ cubes)
1⁄2 cup sliced green onions (the white and light green parts)
1 green bell pepper (cut into 1″ cubes)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 teaspoons minced ginger
1⁄2 cup soy sauce
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons mirin (optional)
1. If you’re using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them for at least 2 hours before grilling
2. Make the teriyaki sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until reduced and slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. It will yield about ¾ cup.
3. While the sauce simmers, prepare the chicken, vegetables and pineapple. Thread the chicken, vegetables and pineapple onto skewers alternating as you go until all the ingredients have been used. There will be around 15 skewers.
4. Preheat a grill over medium heat until you reach a steady temperature between 350-400 F.
5. When the sauce is finished, brush about ½ of a cup over the surface of the skewers, reserving the remaining ¼ cup sauce.
6. Clean the grill and spray it well with cooking spray/oil. Place the skewers evenly over the surface of the grill.
7. Cook for 8-10 minutes per side, or until the chicken is done and the skewers are browned and caramelized.
8. Serve the skewers immediately with the reserved sauce if desired.
15 minute prep time, 15 minute cook time, makes 6 servings
Click the above link for the full recipe!
Grilled Pizza Party
10-20 minute prep time, 6-8 cook time, makes 4-6 servings
2 pounds store bought pizza dough
1 can/jar pizza sauce (I used ⅓ cup on 2 of the 4 pizzas)
White pizza sauce:
¼ cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Zesty Italian Seasoning
1 package slice pepperoni
1 cup cooked sausage, I used italian hot
4-6 slices canandian bacon
1 pound mozzarella cheese, grated, about 4 cups
1 cup grated parmesan
¼-½ cup black olives
1 cup thinly sliced red and green bell peppers
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
Tomatoes, pineapple, fresh
Mozarella, basil, cooked or raw clied mushrooms, crumbled feta cheese and so on
1. Preheat the grill over medium heat. While the grill heats, assemble as many toppings as you’d like.
2. To make the white pizza sauce, mix together the olive oil, garlic and zesty italian seasoning, and set it aside to let the flavors develop.
3. Cut the pizza dough into quarters. Pat out each of the four pieces of dough on a sheet of parchment paper until it’s about 8” across.
4. Lightly brush the pizzas with your choice of white or red pizza sauce, then top with mozarella and a sprinkling of parmesan. Finally top with the toppings of your choice.
5. Grill each pizza over medium heat, maintaining a temperature between 350-400 for about 8 minutes, or until the dough is thoroughly cooked and the cheese is bubbling.
6. Serve immediately with any desired fresh toppings like chopped tomatoes and basil.