Y’all, I literally wash my hair every 7 days. For reals. I am so not great at styling it and so I avoid it at all costs. Instead of actually figuring out how to style from wet to dry I have just figured out how to style unwashed hair for days and days. Here are some of my go-tos.
THE CLASSIC MESSY BUN
- This is the ultimate failsafe hairstyle for every woman on the go. Start with unwashed strands. The dirtier the better!
- Pull together all of your hair and hold it straight up
- Next, twist your hair down to a few inches above the crown (the closer to the crown the higher the topknot).
- Wrap your hair around itself until it forms a loose bun, do this without looking in the mirror, I know it sounds crazy, but it works to achieve an effortless look.
- Secure with a hair tie or pin in place with bobby pins. The key is to have it loose but secure.–Give it a spritz with your favorite hairspray and you’re good to go!
- Backcomb your hair at the crown.
- Grab your hair and pull it in a low pony. And then fix your bangs down and loose. (Sometime I’ll curl these a little or straighten depending on how I am trying to TAME my hair!)
- Finish off with a spritz and let the compliments roll in!
STYLISH BRIM HAT
- I love wearing these on the days when the bottom of my hair looks cute but the top isn’t working for me… basically four out of seven days a week.
- Simply, curl the front pieces of your hair (but keep the ends straight) and style them so they still look cute and framing your face and then add your favorite large brim hat and you’re good to go!
- In a jam, a beanie is now not only acceptable but encouraged, and it’s also an excellent way to stay warm in the winter, there are few finishing touches that are crucial to pulling off this look in public.
- Prep your hair by giving it a little volume with some dry shampoo
- Use a barrel iron to create some soft waves around your face. Once the curls have cooled down, combine through using your fingertips, and finish off with your favorite hairspray.
- Pop on that beanie and roll out!