We absolutely love working with cool brands here at Chic so we’re always excited when someone reaches out to us about featuring a product on the site. BUT, when a company reaches out to you that’s based in your small hometown? Well that makes you feel like a rock star! Rock star moment over, I was actually really excited when Bolthouse Farms asked us to create a post incorporating their juice into a fun cocktail for Chic readers. In all seriousness, I have immense pride in the ag community in Bakersfield, CA where I grew up and Bolthouse is one of the biggest farms there. I wanted to represent my hometown’s greatest commodity, by properly showcasing it’s produce AND doing it in a way you haven’t seen a hundred times before. The answer a Beet Juice Bloody Mary! Read below for the incredible recipe and be sure to grab the coupon at the bottom for $1 off your juice! ~Rachel
PS -Do you have questions about summer entertaining? Want to learn some new fun cocktail recipes, which menu to serve or how to decorate for the season? I’m hosting a Twitter chat next Thursday July 17th with Bolthouse Farms and I’d love to talk to you! Click HERE to follow me and Bolthouse Farms on Twitter and then save the details below so you can stop by to chat. I can’t wait to hear from you!! xo
We start by making our “Beet Juice Bloody Mary” mix. Normally, the mix is made with tomato juice, but we’re going to use Bolthouse Farms Daily Roots juice instead. It’s loaded with beets, purple carrots and sweet potatoes, and lots of healthy leafy greens. It’s the perfect pairing for a spicy Bloody Mary. Combine the beet juice, fresh lemon juice and lime juice, in glass measuring cup. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Worcestershire sauce, prepared horseradish, hot sauce, celery salt, and black pepper. Give it a stir to evenly combine. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the mixture to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight. When you’re ready to serve up a Beet Juice Bloody Mary, just fill a tall glass with lots of ice, vodka (as much or as little as you’d like) and then top it off with the Bloody Mary mix! Garnish the glasses with celery stalks, pickle spears and/or pickled green beans! Those are some of the classic Bloody Mary garnishes. I’m all for unwinding with a cocktail (or two) on the back porch while you enjoy some time to yourself. Just be sure to use this coupon so you can enjoy it for a lot less! –> https://qupon.ws/rd/17AQFZ !
- 3 cups Bolthouse Daily Roots juice (beet juice)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- couple dashes hot sauce (tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- small jar pickle spears
- small jar pickled green beans
- celery stalks
- In a large pitcher or glass measuring cup, mix together the beet juice, lemon and lime juices, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and celery salt. Stir to evenly combine. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, fill tall glasses with lots of ice and as much (or as little vodka) as you'd like. Top off each glass with the chilled Bloody Mary mix. Garnish with pickle spears, pickled green beans, and celery stalks. Enjoy!