I have three words to share with you guys. CHICKEN. BACON. RANCH. If you’ve never had these three together, combined into one out-of-this-world dish, then you’ve been missing out. Luckily for you, though, here at The Chic Site, we’ve got you covered. These chicken bacon ranch baked potatoes are the perfect summer side dish!
We start by cooking the potatoes. Clean the potatoes, scrubbing off the dirt under running water. Dry them and give them a few pokes all around with a fork or wooden skewer. Bake them in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Or until a fork goes into smoothly.
Chic Tip: You can also cook the potatoes in the microwave, if you don’t feel like dealing with the long oven cooking times. Did you know most microwaves have a potato setting?!
Make a slit down the middle of the potatoes and open them up by giving both ends a squeeze towards the center. Fluff the insides with a fork.
Add in a pat of butter into each potato and top with sour cream and cheese!
We’re also going to add in a bit of crumbled bacon, and diced chicken. This is a great recipe if you happen to have leftover chicken from the night before. If you don’t, just season a few chicken breast cutlets with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Sauté in a hot skillet with a bit of olive oil for about 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until fully cooked through. Allow to cool, and then give it a dice.
Drizzle the potatoes with some store bought ranch and sprinkle with sliced scallions.
You can definitely make these baked potatoes as a side dish but I find them to be so filling by themselves. Go ahead and use the larger russet potatoes for this dish, if you’re going to serve it as dinner! Chicken Bacon Ranch Baked Potatoes are going to be your new obsession!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 chicken breast cutlets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the potatoes under running water, scrubbing off the dirt. Pat them dry with a paper towel, and poke a few holes all around each potato. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until their fork tender.
- Note: You can also cook the potatoes in the microwave for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Chop the bacon and add it to the skillet. Cook until crispy. Drain and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Drain off most of the bacon grease. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Cook the chicken (in batches) in the same skillet with the reserved bacon grease. Sauté for about 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and fully cooked through. Transfer to a plate, and allow to cool down slightly. Cut into a small dice.
- Cut the potatoes by making a slit down the center of each. Open the up a bit and fluff the insides with a fork. Add a tablespoon of butter in each potato and top with some sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon, chicken, a drizzle of ranch and scallions. Enjoy!