The last time I was in New York I ordered dessert after dinner. This is nothing new guys, I don’t feel like a dinner out is worth having unless it ends with dessert. What was new was the item on the menu PB&J Parfaits. Since I am a die-hard peanut butter fan, I absolutely loved this idea of my favorite sandwich in dessert form. This little treat is layered with peanut butter pudding and grape jelly (classic!) and topped with whipped cream and honey roasted peanuts. Holy peanut butter! It’s outstanding! Low in calories? No way, no how! But you know what, who cares? Life is short… eat the parfait!
Start by making the pudding according to package directions, by mixing 2 cups cold milk with the instant pudding mix. Once smooth, stir in the peanut butter until well incorporated.
Layer the peanut butter pudding into small jars (different sizes is okay) along with the grape jelly. Alternate between the two layers in each cup.
Once you’ve used up both the peanut butter pudding and the grape jelly, top the parfaits with fresh whipped cream (or cool whip) and garnish with a few honey roasted peanuts.
Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until ready to eat. Will keep in fridge for up to 2 days. Keep in mind, that the jelly will start to drip down a bit, but that’s okay.
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (18-ounce) jar grape jelly, stirred until smooth
- 1 1/2 cups fresh whipped cream or cool whip
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix with milk until smooth. Add peanut butter and whisk until completely smooth and somewhat thick.
- Layer the peanut butter pudding and jelly among six small jars, alternating between both until they're all used up. Top the parfaits with whipped cream or cool whip and garnish with honey roasted peanuts. Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat. Can be kept in fridge for up to 2 days.