As a mom I’m always trying to dream up treats for my kids that aren’t junk food. Growing up “dessert” for me looked like ice cream, candy, etc. I totally believe there is a time and a place for those treats but I want redefine what dessert is for my kids, and I want to be able to control what goes into it. Muffins are a huge hit at our house and I like them because I can add in additional nutrients like fresh seasonal fruit, flax and chia seeds or protein powder. Burt’s Bees has a great vanilla flavored protein powder that makes an awesome addition to my Blueberry Almond Protein Muffins. Try them out for breakfast for yourself or as a great little treat for the kiddos! Let’s start by creaming together the butter and sugar. Then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and milk until well combined. Then sift or whisk together the dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, salt and the Burt’s Bees Protein + Healthy Radiance Vanilla flavored protein powder. Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir by hand using a rubber spatula until just combined. You don’t want to overmix the batter at this point. Add the blueberries and carefully fold in. Using a medium ice cream scoop, portion out the batter among a muffin tin lined with paper liners. Top each with a few sliced almonds. Bake the muffins until the center is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack before serving. Serve these for a delicious breakfast in the morning as a pick-me-up on your way to school or work. They’re great to have on hand for the week. If you want to purchase the Burt’s Bees Vanilla Powder you can purchase it HERE!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burt’s Bees. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Burt's Bees Protein + Healthy Radiance vanilla flavored powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and milk. Fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix. Add the blueberries and fold in as well. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin pan using a medium ice cream scoop.
- Top the muffins with almonds and bake until set, golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack before eating.