We don’t really need any excuse to have something sweet early in the morning, but these Pumpkin Crumb Muffins are definitely the best excuse to have dessert for breakfast! If you’re looking for other crumb style desserts, give these Coffee Cake Cookies a try as well!
This is a super easy quick bread recipe that you can easily make by hand. It doesn’t require any whipping or beating for long periods of time!
Then you’re going to combine the sugar with the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Whisk until completely smooth.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until just incorporated and no longer dry. Be careful to not over mix. Over-mixing will result in dry and tough muffins.
Portion out the batter into a 12 cavity cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners. I used an ice cream scoop to make sure all of the muffins were the same size!
Next up, let’s make the crumb topping.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl until it resembles coarse crumbs the size of peas.
Sprinkle the batter generously with lots of the crumb topping.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Right before serving, dust with powdered sugar.
You can keep them at room temperature, well wrapped or stored in an airtight container, for up to 4 days.
If you’ve got a can or two of pumpkin in the cupboard, this is the perfect recipe to use it for! Just whip a batch during the weekend and you’ll have a great quick morning snack before work!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- To make the baker, in a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, pumpkin, milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract until completely smooth.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Fold with a wooden spoon until just combined and no longer dry. Do not over mix. Portion out the batter into the prepared muffin pan, about 3/4 of the way full.
- To make the crumb topping, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix with your fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs, the size of peas. Top each muffins with some of the crumb topping, patting it slightly.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the middle, comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!