The pumpkin roll was as much a part of my holiday as a turkey on Thanksgiving or a Christmas tree in December. Because it’s tradition I look forward to making (and devouring) pumpkin rolls whenever the weather turns cold. Watch the video below where I explain why I love them so much and then scroll down for my Pumpkin Roll with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing recipe! ~Rachel
Start by preheating your oven to 375. Then combine your pumpkin roll ingredients with a hand mixer (recipe is down below)
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and (just to be safe) spray your parchment paper with a non-stick spray. Add your pumpkin roll mixture and use a spatula to make sure its spread out evenly on the pan.
Next bake your pumpkin roll for about 15 minute or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Once your remove from the oven you need to allow it to cool… this can be an issue because you’re going to want to roll it up later and if it cools off while laying flat it might break.
Here’s a little trick, lay out a clean kitchen towel and dust with powdered sugar. Add your cake to the towel while it’s still warm and roll it up into the towel. Allow to cool off inside the rolled towel so it will be easier to roll up after you’ve iced it. Watch the video above for a step by step!
While you’re waiting for your pumpkin roll to cool, you should make your Cinnamon Cream Cheese icing!
Combine you ingredients per the recipe below with an electric mixer. You can add a little milk in if it’s too thick.
Unroll your cooled cake and ice with that amazing cream cheese spread you’ve just made! Then you’re ready to roll it back up!
It should be much easier to roll since it cooled off in that shape already but go slow and steady. Rolls tend to crack a little as you roll them up but don’t worry, the cream cheese will cover it up and hold them together!
Once you’re all rolled up you can wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge or freezer. When you’re ready to serve your pumpkin roll, just sprinkle with powdered sugar and slice up for your guests.
- 1/4 Cup of Powdered Sugar - to sprinkle on towel
- 3/4 Cup of Flour
- 1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp of Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 2/3 Cup of Libby's Pure Pumpkin
- 1 Package of Cream Cheese - Softened
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 6 Tbls of Butter - Softened
- 1/4 Tsp of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, grease parchment paper
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes back clean. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Allow to cool
- For Cream Cheese Icing, combine all the ingredients and use it to line the cake per post directions.