These super food bites are sort of like no-bake granola (only not dry like your typical granola bar). They’re a great mix of good-for-you things, healthy fats and tasty treats. These are an awesome snack to meal prep at the start of the week to have on hand for a snack that both you (and your kids) will love and since they’re no-bake they’re super easy to achieve!
Need more ideas for meals you prep in advance? Check this out!
Want to know how I stay in shape during bathing suit season? Here you go.
Start by mixing together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to evenly combine.
Add the wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until evenly combined and well moistened. Stir in the mini chocolate chips right at the end.
Wet your hands a bit and then roll in between the palm of your hands into a tight ball the size of a tablespoon or so. Feel free to make these bites as big or as little as you’d like.
Continue rolling them all and placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set and firm up. You can definitely make these over night.
Make a big batch of our super food bites (maybe even double it?) and keep them in an airtight container or plastic food storage bag in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
If you store them in the freezer, just place your super food bites in the fridge to thaw out the night before so that they’re good to go first thing in the morning the next day.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, coconut, flaxseed meal and hemp seeds until evenly combined. Add the almond butter, coconut oil, agave, vanilla extract and water and stir until well incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Using wet hands, form the mixture into tight balls. Place them on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving to set and enjoy! (Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.)