I love cheesecake, but I just don’t love having to make it because of all the work that goes into it! So here at Chic we decided to make an easier cheesecake recipe that requires no baking at all! These No-Bake Cheesecakes in a Jar is perfect for traveling or handing out as gifts!
Check out some of our other recipes in jars, like this Layered Salads in Jars!
The first thing you have to do is make the crust. We’re making a super easy graham cracker crust for our cheesecakes.
Spoon the crust into the jars and press it down as best you can with a spoon or your fingers. Place the jars in the freezer for about 10 minutes to allow the crust to firm up.
While the crusts chill, you can make the filling.
Transfer the creamy cheesecake filling into a piping bag and pipe out a thin layer of filling on top of each crust per jar.
Add a layer of fresh berries. You can use whatever is in season at the moment! Frozen berries will work as well, just thaw them out and make sure you drain them from most of their juice before layering.
Top with another layer of cheesecake filling and finish off with a few more berries and a sprig of mint.
Cover the cheesecakes with plastic wrap and place them in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the filling to firm up a bit. You can definitely eat them right away but I like when they set. You can also just make them in advance and keep them in the fridge until ready to serve!
If you have lids for your jars, use those instead of the plastic wrap. They make for the perfect gifts!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- fresh berries
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter. Mix until evenly moistened. Divide the crust among 6 small jars. Press down the crumbs with a spoon or your fingers. Place the jars in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract until fluffy and smooth. Transfer to a piping bag or large food storage bag with the end snipped off. Pipe out a thin layer of cheesecake filling on top of the crust. Sprinkle with fresh berries and top with another layer of cheesecake filling. Finish off with a few more berries and a mint leaf. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!