We’re all about dips here at The Chic! We love a good party dip and we’re all in LOVE with this New Year’s Eve Pizza Dip! It’s the perfect appetizer to ring in the New Year. It has all the things we love in a pizza, but in dip form. Melted cheese, melted cheese and oh yeah…melted cheese!
Let’s get the bottom layer of cheese together.
Because we’re not totally unhealthy here, we’re going to cook some veggies and add it to the dip…to make us feel better.
Once both those layers are done, let’s assemble this dip. Spoon the ricotta mixture into a 9-inch pie dish. Spread it out onto an even layer. Then top it with the pizza sauce, again spreading it into an even layer. Chic Tip: Take some help from the grocery store and use jarred pizza sauce!
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and top with the sautéed veggies.
Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese and top with slices of pepperoni. You can leave out the pepperoni if you want to keep this vegetarian, or just make two and give your guests a few options!
Throw it into the oven and bake until hot and bubbly.
Sprinkle the dip with chopped parsley and serve right away. I like to serve the dip with chips, crackers and veggies for more options.
Give this dip a try at your New Year’s Party and watch as your guests go crazy for it! The best part is that it’s easy to make and it tastes just like pizza!
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (32oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jar pizza sauce (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 to 12 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, ricotta, egg, and spices until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the shallots, garlic, red bell pepper and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes until soft and just beginning to brown. Remove from heat.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. Top with the pizza sauce in an even layer. Sprinkle with half of the parmesan and all of the veggies. Top with mozzarella and the rest of the parmesan and the pepperoni slices.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly and the top is golden brown. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!