Have you guys ever tried a Crunchy Ramen Salad? There was a period of time when I was in my early teens that the ladies in my hometown served this at every single party they threw. They loved the crunch of the cabbage and absolutely adored that they were using Top Ramen in a cool way. We’re amping up the traditional recipe with a bit more flavor so whether this is the first time you’ll have it or you’ve enjoyed it for years, you’re going to love this version!
Let’s start by getting the crunchy part ready for our crunchy ramen salad. Open up two packages of ramen soup mix (through away the seasoning packets) and break the noodles into small pieces. Toss with the almonds on a baking sheet.
Once golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool down. Then toss together in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients.
For extra freshness and flavor, I’m adding sliced avocado, edamame and fresh mango! It gives the salad a tropical kick!
I just used a store bought Asian-style vinaigrette to toss everything together in. Take some help from the grocery store to make this salad in no time at all!
This is the perfect potluck recipe to bring to your next gathering. It travels really well. Just hold off on tossing with the dressing until right before serving.
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ramen noodles, crumbled
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 small red baggage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups frozen edamame, thawed and shelled
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- Asian vinaigrette (store bought)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the broken ramen pieces with the almonds and spread out onto a baking sheet, in an even layer. Bake for about 5 to 8 minutes or until toasted and lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Toss the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl, along with the cooled ramen and almonds. Stir in as much or as little dressing as you'd like. Serve immediately. If serving later on, don't toss with dressing until ready to serve. Enjoy!