I had this dip for the first time about a month ago. We were having some of the chic staffers over for dinner and Emily brought this Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip. And just like it happens every time someone brings hot, cheesy dip to a party, we stood around the bowl like a campfire and devoured it on one chip after another. Watch this week’s Rachel’s Recipes to see how I made it and then scroll down to get the recipe.
Start by sautéing the onions, garlic and celery in a little bit of oil and butter. Cook until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes.
Add the chopped chicken and buffalo sauce. Cook on low for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced slightly.
Chic Tip: Use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken from the store that you’ve shredded.
While that cooks, mix together the cream cheese, mayo and blue cheese dressing in a large bowl. Mmmmm, dairy!
Stir in half of the shredded cheese, and save the remaining half for sprinkling on top of the dip before baking.
Pour the chicken and hot veggies into the bowl and stir. The heat from the sauce and chicken will melt the cream cheese and make it easier to stir together.
Stir until well combined and then pour into small individual ramekins or a large 8×8 or 9×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the reserved shredded cheese.
Bake you Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip in a preheated 375 degree oven until bubbly and golden brown on top, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Carefully remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. It’ll get really hot in the oven so make sure to cool it off so you don’t burn your mouth. Serve the dip with veggies or chips.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chunk blue cheese dressing
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 6 individual ramekins or a 8x8 or 9x9-inch baking dish, set aside.
- Set a skillet over medium-high heat with the oil and butter. Once melted, add the onions, garlic and celery. Cook until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken and buffalo sauce. Cook on low for about 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, blue cheese dressing, half of the shredded cheese and the chicken, veggie and sauce mixture until smooth. Pour into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with chips or veggies.