I made this (or actually, a way less attractive version of this) Halloween parfait for several years ago. I loved them so much I asked Jonathan to help me make a prettier version for you guys. They’re a fun little treat for the school party or just an awesome opportunity to eat multiple layers of dessert at one time. Check out the video for and then scroll on down for the steps.
Using melted chocolate, pipe out “RIP” on Milano cookies or any other vanilla cookie that looks like a tombstone and then place in the center of each parfait.
- 1 (3.9 ounce) box chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) box butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 to 8 vanilla sandwich cookies
- 4 ounces melted chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups cold milk until evenly dissolved. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butterscotch pudding mix with 2 cups cold milk until evenly combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and stir until moistened. Divide the graham cracker crumbs among 6 to 8 small plastic cups or tumblers. Spoon in the butterscotch pudding, evenly among each and then add the chocolate pudding on top of that. Finish off with a layer of the crushed chocolate cookie crumbs.
- Using melted chocolate in a sandwich bag, with a corner snipped off, decorate vanilla sandwich cookies with "RIP" to look like tombstones and then place in the center of each parfait. Allow to chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Keep in fridge until ready to eat.