Sometimes—especially on Fridays after work—I like to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillets. They’re so easy to create, all you have to do is take chocolate chip cookie dough, press it into mini skillets (we got ours at Sur La Table), bake them off, and top them with a few scoops of ice cream right out of the oven.
I’m glad I don’t have to give you a long list of ingredients or directions for this one because we all know that when we’re craving something sweet and delicious, we NEED it right away. We don’t have time to waste.
It’s as simple as greasing the skillet (so we don’t lose any of our precious cookies to the bottom), dropping in the cookie dough, spreading it out and baking until golden brown and delicious.
Those will probably be the longest 8 to 10 minutes of your life…but you can do it!
Allow the cookies to cool for about five minutes, then top them with a few scoops of ice cream. Eat and enjoy!
- 1 (16oz) package chocolate chip cookie dough
- 4 scoops vanilla ice
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 4 mini cast iron skillets.
- Portion out the cookie dough among the four skillets and spread evenly with a knife or spatula. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and still somewhat soft in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Top with a scoop of ice cream. Eat and enjoy!
- Great tip: Don't like chocolate chip, or vanilla? Change up the flavors of the cookie dough and ice cream with your favorites!