You guys know how I feel about a mason jar, right? I put almost everything I can think of in them and a summertime dessert is no exception! In this recipe I took a classic dessert in strawberry shortcake and turned it into shortcake parfaits. I love this idea because you can use it with just about any fruit and they’ll be so pretty if you choose to do more than one kind. On party day just put your shortcake parfaits on ice and you’re ready to go!
Grab any size mason jars you have (use a combination of different sizes!) and fill them with a bit of the whipped topping and pound cake pieces. I recommend waiting until just before you’re ready to display so your poundcake stays as fresh as possible.
Layer your shortcake parfaits with the fresh fruit. I’m using a combination of different fruits, but you can use all of one type if you’d prefer.
Repeat with more cream, more cake and then more fruit until you reach the top of each jar. Depending on the size you use, you might have less space or more!
Cover them with the lids and keep refrigerated until ready to serve!
The cool thing is that you can swap out the flavors for whatever you prefer or what’s in season at the moment!
Shortcake parfaits are the perfect party dessert! Want to try out more recipes in a mason jar?
Consider these Seven Layered Salads
Or how about these No Bake Cheesecakes?
- 1 pound cake, sliced and cubed
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and sliced
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- mason jars
- Fill the mason jars with the ingredients, layering with the whipped topping, pound cake pieces and fresh fruit until you reach the top. Cover tightly with lids and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Arrange them in a bucket of ice, outdoors, for people to grab and go!